This is another compilation of posts from my previous blog.
November 30, 2010
Way, WAY back in 2001 I saw a sweater pattern that I just loved–San Francisco Shirttail from http://justonemorerow.com. I bought the pattern, waited anxiously for it to arrive and picked out a nice variegated yarn in shades of rust & brown. Started knitting and was progressing along nicely. I rode the bus a lot then and that’s when I did most of my knitting–about 20-30 minutes a day.
Fast forward a few months and in the spring of 2002 I had the front, back & most of one sleeve done. Unfortunately, I was in a car accident that spring and, due to relatively minor shoulder and back injuries, was unable to knit (or do most other crafts) for several years. So my lovely 3/4 done sweater got packed away.
A few years ago I was able to start knitting again and could NOT find my sweater! 🙁 I’ve been keeping an eye out for it for about the last 4-5 yrs…complicated by the fact that I have a LOT of craft stuff and the household has had several fairly major rearrangements (divorce, son moved out, son moved back in, moved out again…). Anyway, on the weekend I was looking for some knitting machine parts and I FOUND IT!!! (You knew that was coming didn’t you?!? ;P) I was delighted, I was thrilled, I was ecstatic…I was missing the pattern and the rest of the yarn…ARGGH!!
So back to the storage room…3 hours of searching later and I DID find the yarn. I didn’t find the pattern but I did find the other two patterns I bought from the same designer and which are based on the same mitered squares. So with the one completed sleeve to copy I have enough information to finish the sweater and knitting has recommenced!!
December 02, 2010
I have about 3/4 of the second sleeve done, then it’s seaming & cuffs. I’m hoping to have it finished by the end of the weekend!
December 06, 2010
Well, this may just turn out to be the 10 year sweater! Finally got the second sleeve knitted and after I started seaming I decided I didn’t like the sleeves at all. Since I am doing the short version of the sweater, the sleeves turned out much too wide. In the pic, the original style sleeve is on the right and the new sleeve in progress is on the left. I ripped out the sides of the sleeve and am adding triangles at the top. Then I will add a long wedge that will go under the arm to taper the sleeve down to the wrist.
January 28, 2011
I got the sleeves finished and started on altering the bottom waistline but then the holidays and ‘stuff’ interfered and this has been put on the back burner again.